Smoke Detector Saves Southaven Woman



A elderly handicapped woman escaped her burning house this morning, thanks to her working smoke detector.

The house in the 8100 block of Whitehead off Brookhaven in the Colonial Hills Subdivision suffered

heavy damage and is believed to have possibly started in a wall socket.

The woman  was watching tv in the den  when the smoke detector went off,   giving her time to escape the burning house.

She was out of the house when the fire department arrived..

The Southaven Fire Department had the fire out within minutes and the ambulance crew checked the woman out and

were happy to report no injuries.

“Smoke detectors work” one of her neighbors said.

Please keep this woman in your prayers and any help to her would be a God send.

Southaven Alderman Ronnie Hale is leading a drive to help the elderly woman.

He can be contacted on Facebook if you want to help…